Our students love reading!
The Lynbrook Library is a warm and welcoming place for students, teachers, and parents. It is the goal of the library program to develop and encourage a love of reading for all students and assist them in becoming critical thinkers who are effective and responsible users of information. Parents are always welcome in the library as volunteers for shelving and book fair.
When checking out books in the library, students agree to:
- treat library books gently.
- carry library books carefully.
- keep library books clean and dry.
- read library book before or after I eat.
- use a bookmark to hold their place in library books they're reading.
- keep library books free of writing or drawing.
- keep library books in a safe place.
- keep library books away from babies and pets.
- bring library books inside when they go inside.
- return library books on time so that other students can borrow them.
- return library book so friends can check it out rather than lend the book to them.
- not try to fix the book at home.
If students are not careful and responsible with library books, the following things can happen:
- If a book is lost or damaged, it will have to be paid for.
- Overdue book notices will be sent to parents.
- Check out privileges will be stopped if students have overdue books.
- Books not returned by the end of the school year will mean books can't be checked out the following year until the obligation is met.
Lynbrook Library Catalog
Online Databases and eBooks
TumbleBooks has over 1,000 titles including story books, read alongs, videos, nonfiction, math stories, puzzle games and more. See your teacher for username/password.
Log on with FCPS username and password.