Submit an absence online
Students are expected to be at school on-time each day. Doors open at 8:20 a.m. for breakfast and students must be in their classrooms by 8:40 a.m. After 8:40 a.m., students are considered late and must report to the office. If your child is going to be absent or late, please call the attendance line: 703-866-2992 or the office: 703-866-2940">703-866-2940, or send a note with the child's brother or sister. When you call the attendance line please leave a message that includes your child's full name, grade, teacher, and the reason for the absence. A doctor's note is required for absences lasting longer than three school days.
Early Pick Up
If you are picking up your child early from school, please follow the following guidelines.
- Prearrange the pick-up by sending a note to your child's teacher.
- Telephone and email changes will not be accepted.
- Come to the office with a photo ID and sign out your child and your child will be called to the office for pick-up.
- Child must be picked up before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m, all students will be released following normal dismissal procedures.
- Please note the school will only release the child to an adult listed on the Emergency care Form.
Submit an absence using the online attendance form below or by calling the 24-hour attendance line at 703-866-2992. During school office hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m.), you can call 703-866-2940">703-866-2940.