Submit an absence online
Students are expected to be at school (or in their online classroom session) on-time each day.
If your child is going to be absent, please call the attendance line at 703-866-2992 or the office at 703-866-2940. When you call the attendance line please leave a message that includes your child's full name, grade, teacher, and the reason for the absence. Be specific about the reason why your child will not be attending school today.
Please indicate whether your child has any of the following symptoms:
- Feeling feverish or chills
- Fever greater than or equal to 100.4 F
- Headache (not due to another health condition, hunger, menstrual cramps stress, or injury)
- A new cough (not due to another health condition)
- Shortness of breath or breathing difficulties (not due to diagnosed respiratory condition or if different than normal pattern of chronic condition)
- A new sore throat (not due to another health condition)
- Congestion or runny nose (not related to allergies or health condition)
- Fatigue (more tired than normal or sudden onset)
- New muscle pain (not due to another health condition or that may have been caused by a specific activity such as physical exercise))
- New loss of taste, smell, or appetite
- Abdominal pain (not due to hunger, constipation, injury, or stress)
- Nausea, vomiting or diarrhea