Submit an absence online
Students are expected to be at school on-time each day. Doors open at 8:20 a.m. for breakfast and students must be in their classrooms by 8:40 a.m. After 8:40 a.m., students are considered late and must report to the office. If your child is going to be absent or late, please call the attendance line: 703-866-2992 or the office: 703-866-2940, or send a note with the child's brother or sister. When you call the attendance line please leave a message that includes your child's full name, grade, teacher, and the reason for the absence. A doctor's note is required for absences lasting longer than three school days.
Early Pick Up
If you are picking up your child early from school, please follow the following guidelines.
- Prearrange the pick-up by sending a note to your child's teacher.
- Telephone and email changes will not be accepted.
- Come to the office with a photo ID and sign out your child and your child will be called to the office for pick-up.
- Child must be picked up before 3 p.m. After 3 p.m, all students will be released following normal dismissal procedures.
- Please note the school will only release the child to an adult listed on the Emergency care Form.